Wednesday, March 22, 2006

LESS IS MORE

I attended a wedding of one of our student leaders in campus, who is now a lawyer. At her wedding, Claire took some time to honor her parents, most especially her dad. What she said about him touched me and made me evaluate my priorities as a parent.

As Claire talked about her dad, these were her words:
“My dad carefully chose which businesses to get into. He could’ve acquired more wealth but that would mean less time spent with us. But he made a deliberate decision to say no to certain opportunities so that he could spend more time with us. For that, I honor him. I love you dad.”

Parents, the Bible says in Proverbs 23:7, 8, “Don’t wear yourself out to get rich. Be wise enough to say no. When you take even a quick look at riches, they are gone. They grow wings and fly away into the sky like an eagle.” (NIrV)

God bless you as you parent the next generation world changers!

No comments: