Friday, May 25, 2007

TO GYM OR NOT TO GYM

Who goes to the gym when you're on a holiday? But because I am 17 lbs. over in the scale, I had thought I should give it a try since I haven't made it to the gym for almost 6 months now. The gym I went to this morning wasn't much different from the ones I've been to in the past. I've been to many and they are pretty similar... equipment, shower rooms, trainers, lockers and all.

But what was different on this one were the little things that came with the fitness experience.

1. While on the bike, I was offered a cold towel to freshen me up (I actually thought I was in a Chinese restaurant.)
2. The locker room key was on a wrist strap that looked similar to a Swatch watch (well... not quite).
3. They had apples and bananas ready just in case you needed refueling while exercising.

What was the principle I got reminded of again?

"It's the little things that make a little difference that eventually make a big difference."

As teachers, we play different roles. We play a part in the skit, lead the kids in the games, write down their names on stickers, bring them to the rest room, facilitate a small group... but whatever it may be, big or small, let's continue to be faithful.


His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ (Matthew 25:23, NKJV)

No comments: