Thursday, March 30, 2006

BEHIND THE SCENES


A few days ago, I attended a wedding in Tagaytay Highlands. (Yes, I know, I’ve been to a lot of weddings lately.) During the reception, we were served a great meal, beginning with the appetizers. I was sitting right beside Pastor Joel Magpantay, one of our pastors at Victory Fort. He congratulated the waiter for the wonderful food and gave him a thumbs up sign. Several of us seconded this approval by giving the waiter a few nods and smiles. Proudly, the waiter stepped away from our table with a big smile. After a few moments, I thought to myself, “It’s really the chef we should be congratulating here.”

I then remembered how often this has happened to me, too. How many times have I gotten a thumbs up sign for doing a great job? A little too many, unfortunately. Like the waiter, I have been given credit for things done by those behind the scenes—our Kids Ministry teachers. Parents tell me how excited their kids are about church and how they see amazing transformation in their kids’ lives. To set the record straight, Kids Ministry makes a difference in the lives of these children and families because of the hundreds of volunteers and scores of leaders who work hard unnoticed, week in and week out. Our hats off to you, our dear volunteers. You are the chefs that cook up great kids services weekly. I am just the waiter that faces the crowd and receives the thumbs up for what you all prepare during the week.

The Bible says in Ephesians 6:7,8, Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does. No one may see all you do in Kids Ministry, but surely God does and will reward you for all your efforts.

No comments: