Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CHANGE IS PERMANENT

A carpenter came to our house to fix the shelves in our storage room. In the process, we found out that he was also a plumber. The bathroom sink in our room wasn't working right. It would take 30 seconds to fill up my left hand with water whenever I'd brush my teeth. It was eternally slow but since we've gotten so used to it, we've tolerated the situation.

But when the carpenter/plumber fixed the problem, we realized how wonderful it was to have a good working bathroom sink. That 's when I remembered a principle that I learned years ago - "what you tolerate, you will never change."

Paul says in 1 Cor 14:12, "Since you are eager to have spiritual gifts, try to excel ..."
God deserves our best. So do our kids... As one of our teachers, Jay Ravelo, put it, "Excellence is not our goal. It's our standard."

God bless you as you disciple, train and launch a generation of world changers."

No comments: